Cuban Revolution

Cuban Revolution
50 Aborn Street, Providence, RI

On this visit I had set out to compare the World Famous Cuban Sandwich to one of my favorite restaurant's take on the Cuban sandwich. At $7.00, the experience at Cuban Revolution was a smaller, but excellent sandwich that was easily as good and possibly a slight bit better than my comparator, the Fatheads Bay Of Pigs headwich. Served witha side of banana chips, this was an excellent choice. The sandwich was excellent as served and worked very well with a squirt of the mildly spicy vinegar based hot sauce available on the table.

For desert I selected the Tres Leche Cake, having heard many good things about the cooking, texture and flavors of a traditional tres leche. What I received which was a dry white cake with a very open, spongelike texture and an excellent tres leche icing. Served in a pool of sauce, which the cake absorbed readily, this was a very good desert at $4.25.

The restaurant also offers traditional beverages, which I did not avail myself of -- I had to save room for beer later in the evening at Trinity Brewhouse. On a previous visit, I had the Ropa Sampler which was good, but I don't think that it was a fantastic dish, with which assessment a dining companion on this trip agreed.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Eating Providence - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template